Our Commitment to Your Health & Safety Onboard
At Frontier, the safety of our customers and employees is our number one priority. To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, our aircraft go through regular, and rigorous, disinfection procedures to eliminate infectious agents. This helps to minimize the risks of spreading diseases. We do this by only using cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting products that have been deemed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to be effective against coronavirus.
Here’s a look at what we’re doing onboard to protect our customers and employees:
Our Everyday Disinfection Procedure
The following are well-established, stringent cleaning protocols that we perform daily:
- Se abren las puertas de la aeronave.
- Touchpoints and surfaces are sprayed and cleaned with a disinfectant cleaner.
- All trash and waste is removed from the aircraft.
- Anti-bacterial hand soap is added to the restrooms.
Today we’re doing even more to ensure your health and peace of mind. Beyond what we already have in place, we have significantly amplified those and stepped up our "heavy cleans" to highly sanitize our aircraft using sanitizer deemed by the EPA to be effective against coronavirus.
Clearing the Air
Because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes, most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on airplanes (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020).
Additionally, the main cabin air is a mix of fresh air drawn from outside and air that has been passed through an efficient air filtration system. All Frontier aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) cabin recirculation filters, which are capable of capturing respiratory virus particles at more than 99.9% efficiency and are similar to those used in hospital environments.
Together We Can Stay Healthy While Traveling
Practices for Staying Healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to prevent contracting any viruses.
- Feel a sneeze or cough coming on? Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands.
- If you’re unwell, stay home and rest. Rest ‘assured’, as our flexible cancellation policy allows for you to raincheck on travel you have on the books. Learn more here: https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel/travel-info/new-change-policy/
Frontier Airlines continues to closely monitor developments with respect to COVID-19. For those who may have questions around advice for travelers, we recommend visiting the U.S. Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) website at cdc.gov/travel.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). www.cdc.gov